Why we launched STEM Thinkers Program
- Only 16 percent of American high school seniors are proficient in math and interested in a STEM career (source- www.ed.gov/stem)
- United States is falling behind internationally, ranking 29th in math and 22nd in science among industrialized nations (source- www.ed.gov/stem)
- The U.S. will be short 1.1 million STEM workers overall by 2024 (source: www.talentwave.com)
- Although women fill close to half of all jobs in the U.S. economy, they hold less than 25 percent of STEM jobs
- Read report on STEM Jobs from US Department of Commerce - Click Here
- STEM jobs increasing at a high rate (see graphic below), yet fewer youth are pursuing STEM careers.